Air Malta Airlines has put forward clear and transparent Air Malta cancellation and refund policy as they have set forth their other business policies thus abolishing all the possibilities of future discrepancies that could make its customers suffer. Air Malta flight cancellation and refund policy variable depends upon the fare rules and types of tickets one has previously booked. Voluntary cancellation, on the part of the traveller, of Air Malta may attract penalties to be deducted from the original fare, whereas, involuntary cancellation on the airlines part gives multiple choices to the passengers. As a ticket-provider of Air Malta, FirstFly Travel always go by Air Malta cancellation policy followed by the Air Malta Refund policy issued by the Airline itself.
A Quick Guide Of Air Malta Cancellation And Refund Policy
Air Malta Cancellation 24 hours Policy
- As per Air Malta 24-hour Cancellation policy, passengers can cancel flights booked on Air Malta within 24 hours of the booking. Air Malta provides a complete refund of your ticket cost in case the booking was made a week or more prior to the departure date of your Air Malta flight.
- If the passengers cancels an Air Malta flight a few hours before the departure of the flight and the flight was booked not more than a week before, then Air Malta asks to pay the penalty that will totally depend upon the expenses of the Air Malta.
Air Malta Cancellation Policy
- Air Malta offers the facility to cancel flights online without any botheration. Also, passengers can make a request for the refund online by filling the refund request form at Air Malta official site www.airmalta.com The refund is provided only for the eligible Air Malta flight tickets that are cancelled within the timeline. Air Malta does not provide a refund after the expiry period of the ticket. The Air Malta refund request may take time to process and can be granted within 7 to 10 working days. If Air Malta flights are cancelled due to any inevitable reasons from Air Malta' end then it provides compensation to the passengers to book the next subsequent Air Malta flight. Hence, you can easily cancel your flight and get a refund on Air Malta.
Air Malta Cancellation Fees
- Air Malta has also offered a cancellation fee for both domestic and international flights. Air Malta cancellation fees of $100 to $500 are applicable if ticket cancellation requests are made after the 24 hours as a risk-free cancellation. If you cancel your Air Malta flight within 24 hours from the scheduled departure of your flight, then a fee of $100 to $400 will be charged as an Air Malta cancellation fees.
Steps to Cancel Your Air Malta Booking:
- Open the official website of Air Malta at www.airmalta.com and tap on the “login button” after entering all the credentials.
- It will redirect you to many options and links. Hit on the ‘Manage Air Malta Reservations’ link which is found in the ‘Flight’ header.
- Tap on the ‘Kenya Airways Cancel Reservation’ link. After that, click on the ‘Manage Reservations.’ You will be redirected to a new page, which will provide you different options. Hit on the ‘Air Malta Cancel Reservation’ button.
- On the next page, 3 boxes will pop up on your desktop’s screen, asking for details like your confirmation number, first name, and last name. After filling that, hit on the ‘Continue’ button.
- You will have to enter the original name that you used during Air Malta flight ticket reservations.
- To look over the refund status, visit ‘Travel Funds.’ It will help you whether or not the ticket is refundable. If it is ‘Refundable,’ you can check the box next to ‘Request a refund.’ If it says ‘Non-refundable,’ you will not get any amount back.
- At the bottom of the Air Malta cancellation web page, you will see ‘Cancel My Reservation?’ option. Hit on the ‘Yes, Cancel’ button to cancel your Air Malta ticket reservations.
Air Malta Flight Delay and Cancellation Compensation Policy:
Under Air Malta Flight Delay and Cancellation compensation policy, passengers are liable upto 600€ per head under EU 261 rule for Air Malta flight delays or cancellations.
- Your flight arrived with a delay of more than 3 hours.
- You have been departed from an EU airport.
- You arrived at an EU airport with an EU-registered airline.
- The delay was not due to any extraordinary circumstances.
The amount of compensation varies between 250€ to 600€ depending upon the route distance and length of the delay.