Cabins and In-flight Amenities
- United Polaris Business : This cabin is available on all the Boeing aircraft like Boeing 787, Boeing 767-400, Boeing 757-200, and select Boeing 777-200ER. Passengers of this cabin get priority check-in facilities at a separate counter. In-flight services include pre-departure beverages, table linens, and multi-course meals prepared by renowned chefs. Passengers are also given priority in case of boarding and baggage handling. They have access to United Polaris Lounge and partner airline lounges.
- United Premium Plus : This cabin will be the airline's premium economy product which is under installation to be completed by 2020 on most international flights. This cabin will have more space, comfort, and in-flight amenities compared to United Economy or Economy Plus. Passengers of this cabin will get a better dining experience, free beverage- alcoholic or non-alcoholic, a blanket and a pillow, amenity kit and more.
- United First and United Business : In all domestically configured aircraft, United offers this cabin, but when these aircraft are flown on international routes- Canada, Central America, and the Caribbean, this cabin is branded as United Business. Passengers of this cabin can enjoy leather seats with the features like headrests, granite cocktail tables, and a table stand. They also enjoy priority boarding and baggage handling, pre-departure beverages, complimentary meals, and a separate check-in desk.
- Economy Plus : United Economy Plus cabin is available on all the aircraft. The seats are located in front few rows and exit rows of the Economy Cabin. Premier 1k, Platinum and Gold members of frequent flyer programs can select these seats at the time of booking and Silver members can select at the time of check-in. Passengers can enjoy complimentary meals and beverages and in-flight entertainment.
- Economy : United Economy is available on all aircraft. Passengers of this cabin have to buy food and snacks on domestic and some international flights to the Caribbean and Latin American flights. On other international flights, meals and beverages are complimentary. On long haul international flights, the pre-arrival meal is also offered.
- Basic Economy : This cabin is available on some selected routes and provides almost the same amenities and services as the United Economy class. Passengers are not allowed for group or family seating, seat upgrade, and carrying full-size carry-on bags.
- In United Polaris Business class seats are convertible to a flatbed of 6'6" and every seat has multiple storage areas, charging ports, lumber supports, and dining facilities.
- Seats in United First and Business Class feature leather cover with headrests, granite cocktail table, and a table stand for the better dining experience
- In Economy Plus, seats are 2 inches more reclining with extra legroom than the Economy class seats.
- In the United Economy class, seats have a pitch of 31 inches and a recline of 2-5 inches.
- Passengers can check-in online as it starts 24 hours before the flight departure time.
- Passengers can also go for mobile check-in on United apps.
- If unable to check-in on the app, or online, you can check-in at the airport at the check-in desk or kiosk.
Carry-on Items : In the cabin, United allows to take one carry-on bag and one personal bag per ticketed passenger. The maximum dimension of a carry-on bag is 9 inches x 14 inches x 22 inches and the personal bag is 9 inches x 10 inches x 17 inches. The weight allowance is up to 23kg. Passenger must be able to lift the carry-on bag into the overhead locker and place the personal bag under the front seat. The exception to this rule- passenger flying on Basic Economy ticket can carry only one personal item onboard.
Meals and Beverages
United Polaris Business class passengers enjoy five-course meals during the flight, which include a chilled appetizer, salad, and a choice of entrée, a cheese course and a wide range of desserts. In all other classes, complimentary meals and beverages- alcoholic or non-alcoholic are served. On short-haul domestic flights and some international flights, meals are not complimentary. Depending on the classes and distance United Airlines serve five-course or four-course meals. Passengers can also pre-order their meals, but they need to notify United well in advance.
Book United Airlines Flights to India from USA
Top United AirLines Flights Routes to India
Top Airlines flying to India