United Airlines Cabins:
United Airlines lets you experience an amazing journey by providing its state-of-the-art cabin services while you are in the air. Below are the details of the airline’s service-classes:
- United Polaris Business: Enjoy the signature product of United Airlines, United Polaris, which is available on almost all the Boeing aircraft, such as Boeing 787, Boeing 767-400, Boeing 757-200 and select Boeing 777. The Polaris Business passengers get the priority facilities at the time of check-in at the airport at a separate counter; other facilities include pre-departure beverages, table linens, and wide range of full course meals designed by renowned chefs. Polaris passengers are given priority in case of boarding and baggage handling. Apart from the above airport facilities, they can also access to United Polaris Lounge and partner airline lounges.
- United First and United Business: On domestic flights, United offers First class, which is considered business class on international flights to Canada, Central America, and the Caribbean. The seats of this cabin feature leather cover, headrests, granite cocktail tables, and a table stand. The passengers of this cabin are provided with priority boarding, and baggage handling, pre-departure drinks, complimentary meals and a dedicated check-in desk.
- Economy Plus: This cabin is available on all the United aircraft. The seats are set up strategically in front rows and exit rows of the Economy cabin to provide better seating with extra leg-room. Premier 1k, Platinum and Gold members of United Airlines can select these seats at the time of booking when the Silver member can select the seats at the time of check-in. The services provided are complimentary meals and drinks along with in-flight entertainment.
- Economy: This cabin is available on all the United aircraft. On domestic flights and international flights to the Caribbean and Latin America, passengers of this cabin need to purchase meals and snacks; but on other international flights, meals and drinks are complimentary. Passengers can also avail pre-arrival meal facility on long-haul international flights.
- Carry-on Baggage Allowance: United Airlines permits one carry-on bag and a personal item, such as a briefcase or a laptop bag or a purse per passenger. The maximum size allowance of a carry-on bag must be less than 45 linear inches, i.e. 22 x 14 x 9 in or 115 linear centimeters i.e. 56 x 36 x 23 cm including wheels and handles.
- Checked Baggage Allowance: United Airlines permit two checked baggage per passenger with the maximum size of no greater than 62 linear inches or 157 linear centimeters. The weight allowance is 50 lbs or 23 kg per bag.
- United Polaris Business class seats feature full flat-bed convertibility, along with the availability of multiple storage areas, charging ports, lumber supports and dining facilities
- The seats in United First and Business class are covered with leather and have adjustable headrests, granite cocktail table and a table stand for a comfortable dining experience facilities
- The Economy Plus seats are spacious and have extra legroom compared to Economy class seats
- The Economy class seats feature 31-inch pitch and 2.5-inch recline
United Airlines Baggage Policy:
- Carry-on Baggage Allowance: In all the cabins, United Airlines permits one carry-on bag and one personal item like a handbag, or a backpack or a laptop bag per ticketed Checked Baggage Allowance: The maximum allowed dimension for the checked bag is 62 linear inches (L + W + H) or 158 cm including wheels and handles. The Economy class passenger can carry a maximum weight of 23 kg while Business, First and Polaris Business class passenger can carry a maximum weight of 32 kg.
United Airlines Check-in Policy:
- Online Check-in: You can check-in online with the help of the airline’s official website. To access your booking on the website, you need the booking confirmation number. Online check-in opens 24 hours before the flight departure time. During online check-in, you may select your seat, though it depends on the availability and united seating policy.
- Mobile Check-in: Apart from online check-in, you can download the airline’s mobile app and check-in while on the go. Mobile check-in opens 24 hours before the flight departure time. Upon completion of check-in, you can save the boarding pass in your mobile.
- Counter Check-in at the Airport: You can also go to the airport to check-in at the United Airlines desk with a representative. You need to arrive at the airport at least 2 hrs before the flight departure time.
- Kiosk Check-in: At some selective airports, United Airlines facilitates kiosk check-in, which helps you check-in all by yourself and prints the boarding pass
United Airlines Flight Tickets for Group Booking:
If you are planning to fly with United Airlines as a group, the airline comes up with amazing services that provide special pricing and lucrative deals. United Airlines considers at least ten people or more as a group when travelling together on the same reservation and to a common destination. Apart from the airline letting you avail a guaranteed fare; it facilitates your group in the following manner:
- A group coordinator will be available at the departure airport for group assistance, even though it is not guaranteed at all airports
- Your group will be provided with priority check-in by the airline
- You will be offered a guaranteed fare for your group travel
You can easily avail competitive airfare for your group by filling out the airline’s online bid request form to get a response within two business days via email. To get it done, you can either call the airline directly or get in touch with FirstFly Travel any time of the day. We will make sure you get the best deal on your flight for the group.
United Airlines Business Class Flights:
United Airlines has two types of Business class products, which let you enjoy ultimate comfortability while you are in the air. The signature business class product is known as United Polaris Business, which is available on almost all the Boeing aircraft. The first-class cabin on domestic and on flights within North America becomes business class on international flights outside North America. However, both the products give the feel of luxury and excellent services to the passengers. Let’s explore how it can help you to book United Airlines business class tickets:
- United business class passengers are provided with priority check-in, fast track security and priority boarding at the airport
- Business-class passengers are permitted to carry two standard sized bags in the hold without any charge and can enjoy priority baggage claim after the landing at the destination airport
- The seats feature two-tone leather cover and convertibility to fully flat-bed with an adjustable headrest to provide comfort while you relax destination
- The Business class provides United Private Screening entertainment with seatback on-demand and personal device service
- Other in-flight facilities include Wi-Fi service, DIRECTV, and in-flight magazine Hemispheres
- Apart from the above amenities, united business class also serves delicious meals of a wide variety, snacks and fresh fruits along with alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages as complimentary
Steps to Book United Airlines Flight Tickets:
Booking United flights is very easy; you can either visit the airline’s official website, www.united.com or get in touch with FirstFly Travel. We guarantee a hassle-free booking experience on our website and offer the best deal on your flight if you are booking with us. Let’s go through the steps, mentioned below, to see how we can book United flights:
- Browse the official website of United Airlines on your computer or mobile
- On the top of the homepage, you will find the ‘Flight’ option under the ‘Book’ tab
- On ‘Flight’ option, enter the origin city, destination city, travel date, number of passengers, and select the travel class and then click on ‘Find Flights’
- For better and specific search result you can go for the ‘Advanced Search’ option if you are looking for an award flight or special promotional fare
- On the next page, you will get a list of several flights; you need to select one of them
- After selecting the suitable flight, it will take you to the next page where you need to fill up passenger details like name, date of birth, passport information, phone number, email id etc.
- After entering passenger details, you will be diverted to the next page, where you need to set up the payment using various modes, such as cards, cash etc.
- Once the payment is made, you will get booking confirmation number on an email sent to you
- To manage your booking online, you need to visit the official website of United Airlines
- Pull up the website and click on the ‘Reservation’ tab on the top of the homepage
- After clicking the tab, you will get a drop-down to go to ‘Manage Reservation’ option
- Here, you can access your booking by entering booking confirmation number and last name or your frequent flyer number
- After accessing your booking, you can view, change or cancel the booking. However, refund or modification of the booking depends on the fare rules and airline policies
- You can also check-in for your scheduled flight from ‘Manage Reservation.’
- Before flight check-in, you can enter additional passenger information like frequent flyer number
- Q) Can I bring a carry-on bag on United Basic Economy?
- A) As the Basic Economy is the most restricted fare class, you can carry the only personal item, such as a purse, or backpack or laptop bag etc. You cannot bring a carry-on bag.
- Q) Is it better to check-in at the airport than online?
- A) Checking-in at the airport requires you to arrive at least 2-3 hrs before the flight departure time and to stand in queue for long, whereas online check-in saves your time as it opens 24 hours before the flight departure time.
- Q) Is it important to print my boarding pass?
- A) After completing the check-in, you can save the boarding pass on your mobile or can print from your computer; unable to do which you can print at the airport check-in kiosk.
- Q) How do I request for special assistance like a wheelchair to United Airlines?
- A) At least 48 hrs before the flight departure time, you need to contact the airline to request for special assistance, which will be noted in your booking by the airline representative.
- Q) How early can I book United flight?
- A) You can book United flight online 330 days before your travel date.
- Q) How many miles do I need to get a free flight?
- A) 10,000 miles are needed for a free one-way domestic flight
- Q) Can I use United miles to book a flight for someone else?
- A) Yes, you can book a United flight for someone else using your Mileage Plus account
- Q) Do United earned Miles expire?
- A) As per the latest information, United Airlines has removed expiration deadlines from its frequent flyer program.
- Q) Can I get a refund if I cancel my United flight?
- A) If you have refundable United Airlines tickets, you cancel your tickets anytime before the flight departure time. And the refund will be made to the original mode of payment.
- Q) Is business class same as first-class on United flight?
- A) On most of the domestic flights, United does not have a business class cabin but first class. However, in some cases, United uses international aircraft for domestic flights and then business class becomes available and that is known as United Business.