Austrian Airlines is a major carrier airline of Austria that is affianced to serve an extensive range of domestic as well as international flights. Sometimes plans change and you are forced to cancel a Austrian Airlines flight that you had been looking forward to for months. If you’ve ever been in a situation where you needed to cancel an Austrian Airlines flight, you should know that the procedure is both expensive and complicated. As a ticket provider of Austrian Airlines, First Fly travel always goes by Austrian Airlines Cancellation Policy followed by Austrian Refund Policy issued by the airlines itself. The conditions stated below is how they surpass.
A Quick Guide On Austrian Airlines Cancellation and Refund Policy:
Paying heed to the passengers' needs and situations, Austrian Airlines has introduced a 24 hours cancellation policy depending on the origin of the country and of the airline. Austrian Airlines provides more flexibility and benefits for the passengers while managing their booking. According to the Austrian Airlines 24-hour Cancellation policy, passengers can cancel a flight booked on Austrian Airlines within 24 hours of the purchase. Austrian Airlines provides a complete refund of the ticket in case the booking was made a week or more before the departure date of the Austrian Airlines flight. The Austrian Airlines have the right to change 24 hours cancellation any time.
Note: 24 hours policy may apply when you book tickets from the United States. The Airlines Reporting Corporation (ARC) supports a 24 hours cancellation policy in the United States.
If the passengers cancels an Austrian Airlines flight a few hours before the departure and the flight was booked not more than a week before then the Austrian Airlines demands a penalty that will totally depend upon the fare rule of the Austrian Airlines Cancellation Policy.
Austrian Airlines gives the facility to cancel flights online without any hassles. Also, passengers can request for the refund online by filling the refund request form at Austrian Airlines official site www.austrian.com The refund is provided only for the eligible Austrian Airlines flight tickets that are cancelled within the timeline. Austrian Airlines does not provide a refund after the expiry period of the ticket. The Austrian Airlines refund request may take time to process and can be conceded within 7 to 10 working days. If Austrian Airlines flights are cancelled due to any unavoidable reasons from the Austrian Airlines' end then it provides compensation to the passengers to book the next subsequent Austrian Airlines flight. Hence, you can easily cancel your flight and get a refund on Austrian Airlines.
Austrian Airlines Cancellation Fees
Austrian Airlines have also authorised cancellation fees for both domestic and international flights. Go through the given instructions below to know about the Austrian Airlines cancellation fee.
- Austrian Airlines cancellation fee between $100 to $500 is applicable if ticket cancellation requests are made after the 24 hours as a risk-free cancellation.
- If you cancel your Austrian Airlines flight within 24 hours from the scheduled departure of your flight, then a fee between $100 to $400 will be charged as an Austrian Airlines cancellation fee.
- After cancelling your flight ticket, you can also make a cancellation request.
Steps to Cancel Your Austrian Airlines Flight Booking:
- Open a web browser on your computer or on your mobile and visit the Austrian Airlines homepage www.austrian.com. After this tap on the ‘LogIn’ button at the top right corner of the web page. Enter your Austrian Airlines login credentials. Hit on the yellow ‘LogIn’ button.
- It will redirect you to many options and links. Hit on the ‘Manage Austrian Airlines Reservations’ link www.austrian.com which is found in the ‘Flight’ header.
- Tap on the ‘Austrian Airlines Cancel Reservation’ link. After that, click on the ‘Manage Reservations.’ You will be redirected to a new page, which provides you some different options. Hit on the ‘Austrian Airlines Cancel Reservation’ button.
- On the next page, 3 boxes will pop up on your desktop’s screen, asking for details like your confirmation number, first name, and last name. After filling that, hit on the ‘Continue’ button.
- You will have to enter the original name that you used during Austrian Airlines flight ticket reservations.
- If you don’t know your flight ticket confirmation number, you can check your booked ticket history in your Austrian Airlines account.
- You can also find the air ticket confirmation number in your registered email that you mentioned while booking the flight ticket.
- To look over the refund status, visit ‘Travel Funds.’ It will help you whether or not the ticket is refundable. If it is ‘Refundable,’ you can check the box next to ‘Request a refund.’ If it says ‘Non-refundable,’ you will not get any amount back.
- At the bottom of the Austrian Airlines cancellation web page, you will see ‘Cancel My Reservation?’ option. Hit on the ‘Yes, Cancel’ button to cancel your Austrian Airlines ticket reservation.
Cancel Austrian Airline Flight Ticket Via A Call
Dial Austrian Airlines flight ticket reservations department for any queries, questions related to your flight fare, tickets cancellations or refund. Tell the aviation assistance over the call that you want to cancel your Austrian Airline flight tickets and further on telling them about the confirmation number, then check your air ticket refund options.
Cancel Austrian Airline Flight Ticket At The Airport
At the airport, visit Austrian Airline ATO(AIRPORT TICKET OFFICE) and at the help desk you can ask the aviation executive to cancel your flight tickets. The refund will be credited back to the same debit or credit card via which you’ve made the payment.
Austrian Airlines Flight Delay and Cancellation Compensation Policy
Austrian Airlines Flight Delay And Compensation Policy:
- While airlines like Austrian airlines make sure to stick to their schedule. Although, not all delays happen because of the same reasons, and when the airline is responsible, they make sure to give passengers a flight delay compensation for the trouble that they’ve had.
- Under EC Regulation 261/2004, you could be entitled to compensation of up to 600€ ($700) depending on the length of your journey. To be eligible you must have reached your destination at least 3 hours after the originally scheduled time of arrival, and the airline must be responsible for the delay.
- You can enter your claim using our free flight delay compensation checker and find out how much amount Austrian Airlines owes you.
Austrian Airlines Flight Cancellation And Compensation Policy:
- In the case of Austrian Airlines flight cancellation, Europe's air passenger rights laws are clear: Austrian Airlines will offer you options, either they’ll give you an alternative transport to your destination, or a refund.
- In case if you were informed about the cancellation less than 14 days before you were due to depart, then also you are liable to claim up to $700 per person in compensation.
- In most cases, when Austrian Airlines cancels flights, their first priority is to rebook the passenger straight away onto another flight with no additional charge. You can request further changes if the alternative flight doesn’t work for you, or if you no longer wish to travel that route.
- If Austrian Airlines can book you onto a new flight that lands at a similar time to your original, they won't have to pay you compensation. This is fair, as you'll get to your destination with minimum disruption to your plans.
- However, in most cases, passengers with last minute cancelled flights have valid reasons to claim Austrian Airlines cancelled flight compensation, given the cancellation was caused by an event that can't be controlled by Austrian Airlines like, bad weather conditions or an incident at the airport. These events come under extraordinary circumstances.
Austrian Airlines Ticket Hold Policy:
Austrian Airlines Reservations, you can reserve your flight with the given terms and conditions, and you get 48 hours to think and plan about your journey. After that you can get back and book your tickets with Austrian Airlines.