Types Of Delta Airlines Cancellation And Refund Tickets:
- Delta Non-refundable Ticket: If you have a Delta Airlines non-refundable ticket and you want to cancel it, a cancellation fee will be deducted from the original fare of the ticket, and the remaining amount will be issued as a credit for future travel. You must rebook your flight within one year from the original issue date. However, per the airline guidelines, the Basic Economy ticket is non-changeable and non-cancellable. The cancellation charge varies depending on the ticket type, starting from $200.
- Delta Refundable Ticket: If you have a refundable ticket, no cancellation charge will be applied against the original fare as the ticket is flexible. The refund amount will be credited to your account in the original form of payment. The refundable ticket should be purchased with a credit card, cash, or check to help process the refund procedure as per the airline guidelines. Some flight amenities, such as Sky Priority boarding or a Wi-Fi pass, can be requested for a full refund if unused due to voluntary flight cancellation.
- Delta 24-hr Risk-Free Cancellation: Delta Airlines facilitates risk-free cancellation for a ticket within 24 hours of the booking. Under this policy, you can cancel a ticket without any charge, regardless of the ticket type, and you will be entitled to a full refund. The refund amount is processed within seven business days in the original form of payment and reflected on the bank statement within 1-2 billing cycles. Apart from the risk-free cancellation within 24 hours of the booking, you can also change your itinerary without any charge; but you have to pay the fare difference, if any.
- Delta Award Ticket: You can also cancel your award ticket, which you have purchased using your Delta SkyMiles, and cancellation should be initiated at least 72 hours before the flight departure time. There is a fixed cancellation charge of $150, regardless of fare type and destination. However, SkyMiles Platinum and Diamond Medallion members are exempted from the cancellation charge on award ticket cancellation. After cancellation, all the miles used for flight booking are credited to your SkyMiles account.
- Delta Travel Insurance: To protect your loss arising from sudden and uncertain flight cancellation, you can purchase travel insurance. It will save you money, provided insurance covers the reasons for the ticket cancellation.