Unexpected situations or calamities can occur at any time and to anyone. In that case, cancelling your ticket or making changes to your schedule is the only way out. However, if you are flying with KLM Airlines, then you should not worry about anything as their cancellation policy is quite convenient and flexible. This is one of the reasons why you can even cancel a KLM ticket after check-in. However, for that, you will need to pay a certain amount as the KLM cancellation fee. As a ticket provider of KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, FirstFly Travel always goes by KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Cancellation Policy followed by KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Refund Policy issued by the airlines itself. The conditions stated below is how they surpass:
A Quick Guide On KLM Airlines Cancellation And Refund Policy
KLM Dutch Airlines 24-hour cancellation policy, you can cancel a KLM flight within 24 hours of the purchase. If you choose to cancel the ticket within 24 hours, the airline will provide you with a full refund. This KLM free cancellation 24 hour policy is available on all fare types and all domestic and international flights. However, the airline reserves the right to change its 24-hour cancellation policy at any time without giving any prior notification.
Steps to Cancel Your KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Flight Booking:
- Visit the official website of the airline www.klm.com and on the “manage my booking” section, look for your booking and tap on the “cancel my booking”
- After you cancel your flight reservation, you will receive a confirmation email.
- All flights on the booking will be cancelled.
- The refundable amount will be credited to the account you used for booking your ticket, or converted into a flight voucher for future use, depending on your fare type and time of cancellation.
Cancel KLM Airline Tickets via a Phone Call
You can cancel your KLM Royal Dutch Flight Ticket via a phone call. Simply call on the KLM customer service number and an airline executive will be assigned to you. On your request, they will ask you to provide them with details such as name, booking number to initiate the KLM flight ticket cancellation. Once the KLM cancellation is done, you will be notified by the airline on your registered email ID and phone number regarding the same.
Cancel KLM Airline Tickets at the Airport
You can also go for KLM cancellations by going to the nearest KLM ticket booking office or at the airport. Just provide the airline executive all the relevant details and they will cancel your flight tickets.
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Flight Delay and Cancellation Compensation Policy:
- Your flight reservation was confirmed.
- You arrived at your final destination more than 3 hours late.
- If you got an alternative flight and arrived at your final destination significantly later than the original flight was planned.
- The airline informed you about the flight cancellation less than 14 days before departure.
- You departed from the EU or arrived at an EU airport (when the airline is an EU-based carrier).
- Your check-in for the flight was on time (usually not less than 45 minutes before the flight).
- Your flight was less than 3 years ago as many countries have a flight delay application limit that is less than 3 years.
- The airline is responsible for the delay (the circumstances for the delay were under the airline’s control).
- Under EU Regulation (EC) No 261/2004, you can get compensation for the flight delay if your arrival time was more than 3 hours late. The compensation amount depends on the flight distance and the length of the delay.
- If it is delayed for more than a 4-hour then the amount of €250 will be compensated for the distance of 1,500 km or less.
- Under EU Regulation (EC) No 261/2004 you can receive compensation for the flight cancellation if you were informed about the cancellation less than 14 days before departure. The compensation amount depends on the flight distance, the length of the delay, and whether your flight is within the EU or not.
- If it is delayed for 2-3 hours or more than 4 hours, then €250 will be compensated for the distance of 1,500 km or less.
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Ticket Hold Policy
KLM Royal Dutch reservation, you can choose to take an option to buy ticket(s) for the selected flights and fare conditions at the offered price for a period of up to 14 days according to KLM Royal Dutch Airlines ticket Hold Policy. During the hold period, the offered price and the fare conditions for the selected flights will remain the same.