If your travel plans suddenly change, Lufthansa Airlines allows you to cancel your flight up to 24 hours before your journey. If you’re holding a fully refundable ticket, no cancellation charges will apply. If you’re holding a non-refundable ticket, Lufthansa Airlines cancellation policy will not permit cancellations. However, in some situations, even non-refundable tickets gain the chance for a full refund. As a ticket provider of Lufthansa Airlines, First Fly travel always goes by Lufthansa Airlines Cancellation Policy followed by Lufthansa Refund Policy issued by the airlines itself.
A Quick Guide Of Lufthansa Airlines Cancellation And Refund Policy
- According to the Lufthansa Airlines flight cancellation refund policy would be applied to the unused portion of the ticket,
- According to the Lufthansa Airlines cancellation & refund policy, the refund would be made either to the passenger mentioned on the ticket or the person who paid for the reservation,
- Lufthansa Airlines cancelled flight refund would be eligible if the flight schedule is determined, or fails to operate within 2 weeks of the scheduled departure time.
- In the case of Lufthansa cancellations, the refunded value is the amount equal to the fare paid minus the Lufthansa cancellation charges of $200 USD.
- The airline would not offer Lufthansa flight cancellation refund if the request is made later than six months after the expiry of the validity of the booking.
Steps to Cancel Your Lufthansa Airlines Flight Booking:
Here are some of the steps that you need to follow to cancel your flight ticket online:
- Visit the official homepage of Lufthansa Airlines and click on ‘Manage Booking’ to log in with your booking credential.
- Enter your booking reference along with the last name of the passenger. A booking that would be eligible for cancellation will be displayed. A ‘refundable fare’ booking will be highlighted in the booking summary.
- Click on the ‘Cancellation’ button next to the pertinent booking and confirm your selection to proceed.
- You will get the details of the eligible refund on your booking. In case of non-refundable fare, you will get the details displayed about the due travel credit on your booking.
- Once the cancellation is done, you will receive an automatic confirmation email.
- Your flight will be cancelled and the refund will be transferred to your bank account or credited to your debit/credit card.
Cancel Lufthansa Airlines Tickets via Office
All Lufthansa Airlines cancellations can be appealed by visiting the airport counter or at the Lufthansa Airlines ticket via the office. All you need is to have the booking reference details which would be needed while retrieving your reservation. Make sure to carry their government-issued photo-ID for verification purposes.
Lufthansa Airlines Flight Delay and Cancellation Compensation Policy
Denial of Boarding and Involuntarily Cancellation With Lufthansa Airlines:
In case you have been rejected boarding for a reserved seat on Lufthansa, you may be entitled to Lufthansa Airlines cancelled flight refunds.
Lufthansa Airlines cancelled flight refunds will be applied if you are denied boarding on the day of travel and not before the scheduled departure where you would be notified about the rescheduling or rebooking options. Here’s the overview of the boarding priorities that need to be considered due to any unforeseen circumstances
- If the flight is overbooked, and the passenger is denied boarding against the will, the traveller would be covered under Lufthansa Airlines cancelled flights refunds and has the right to obtain a full refund without any charges.
Refunds for Passengers Who Denied Boarding on Lufthansa Flights:
If you’re denied boarding against your will you are entitled to Lufthansa cancelled flight compensation from the airlines unless:
- If you have not obeyed with the airline’s ticketing, check-in, and other boarding requirements
- If you’re not fit for boarding under the airline’s usual rules and guidelines.
- If you’re denied boarding as the flight is cancelled.
- If you’re denied boarding because you’re re-routed on a smaller capacity aircraft due to safety or operational reasons.
- If you’re denied boarding due to luggage restrictions.
- If you’re offered seating in a section of aircraft other than specified in your booking at no extra cost.
- If Lufthansa is able to schedule you in another plane which is planned to reach your next stopover or final destination within one hour of the planned arrival time of your original flight.
Lufthansa Airlines Cancelled Flights Refunds In Case Of Flight Delayed
Lufthansa Airlines flight delay happens when the scheduled departure time is delayed by at least:
- Four hours if the distance between point A and B is more than 3500 Km, the Lufthansa flight compensation is $725 USD,
- Three hours if the flight is between 1500 and 3500 Km from point A and B, the Lufthansa Flight compensation is $500 USD
- Two hours in case of flights is 1,500 Km from point A to point B. the Lufthansa flight compensation is $300 USD.
Passengers will have to fill up the Lufthansa Cancelled Flight refund form to claim the above mentioned amount.
Lufthansa Airlines Hold Policy:
Lufthansa Airlines Reservations, you can reserve your flights with the given terms and conditions, and you get 48 hours to think and plan about your journey. After that you can get back and book our tickets with Lufthansa Airlines.