Qatar Airways has put forward clear and transparent Qatar Airways cancellation and refund policy as they have set forth their other business policies thus abolishing all the possibilities of future discrepancies that could make its customers suffer. Qatar Airways flight cancellation and refund policy variable depends upon the fare rules and types of tickets one has previously booked. Voluntary cancellation, on the part of the traveller, of Qatar Airways may attract penalties to be deducted from the original fare, whereas, involuntary cancellation on the airlines part gives multiple choices to the passengers. As a ticket-provider of Qatar Airways, FirstFly Travel always go by Qatar Airways cancellation policy followed by the Qatar Airways Refund policy issued by the Airline itself.
A Quick Guide Of Qatar Airways Cancellation And Refund Policy
As per Qatar Airways 24-hour Cancellation policy, passengers can cancel a flight booked on Qatar Airways within 24 hours of the purchase. Qatar Airways will provide a complete refund of your ticket cost in case the booking was made a week or more prior to the departure date of your Qatar Airways flight. The Qatar Airways rights to change 24 hours cancellation any time.
Qatar Airways Cancellation Policy
Qatar Airways provides the facility to cancel flights online without any inconvenience. Also, passengers can make a request for the refund online by filling the refund request form at Qatar Airways official site www.qatarairways.com . The refund is provided only for the eligible Qatar Airways flight tickets that are cancelled within the active span of time. Qatar Airways does not provide a refund after the expiry period of the ticket. The Qatar Airways refund request may take time to process and can be granted within 7 to 10 working days. If Qatar Airways flights are cancelled due to any unavoidable reasons from the Qatar Airways' end then it provides compensation to the passengers to book the next subsequent Qatar Airways flight. Thus, you can easily cancel your flight and get a refund on Qatar Airways.
Qatar Airways Cancellation Fees
Qatar Airways have also offered a cancellation fee for both domestic and international flights. Qatar Airways cancellation fee of $100 to $500 is applicable if ticket cancellation requests are made after the 24 hours as a risk-free cancellation. If you cancel your Qatar Airways flight within 24 hours from the scheduled departure of your flight, then a fee of $100 to $400 will be charged as a Qatar Airways cancellation fee.
Steps to Cancel Your Qatar Airways Flight Booking:
- Visit the official website of Qatar Airways www.qatarairways.com and then tap on the “manage booking” section on the airline’s homepage.
- After this, on the next page, enter your surname along with your booking reference number and click on the “continue” option and go to the cancellation option.
- If you are determined about cancelling your booking with Qatar Airways, then press the cancel button.
- After you are done with the cancellation, if your tickets are refundable, then fill out the refund form if you want to get the remaining amount.
- The passengers would receive a cancellation notification on their given e-mail ID or the contact number.
Qatar Airways Flight Delay and Cancellation Compensation Policy:
According to EU Regulation 261/2004, you can get up to 600€ in compensation for your delayed flight with Qatar Airways, depending on the length of your journey. To be entitled, you must have reached your destination at least 3 hours after the originally scheduled time of arrival, and the airline must be responsible for the delay and if the flight was delayed due to extraordinary circumstances, the airline will not compensate you.
As mentioned above, the compensation amount for flight delays is based on the length of the journey, such as:
- 250€ for flights less than covering the distance of 1,500km
- 400€ for intra-community flights and journeys between 1,500 and 3,500km
- 600€ for flights above 3,500km (that are not within EU territories)
Qatar Airways Hold Policy:
As per Qatar Airways Hold Policy, If you haven’t decided with your booking, you can now hold your reservation along with the guaranteed fare in exchange of a minimum fee for up to 72 hours.