Turkish Airlines has put forward clear and transparent Turkish Airlines cancellation and refund policy as they have put forward their other business policies thus eliminating all the possibilities of future discrepancies that could make its customers suffer. Turkish Airlines flight cancellation and refund policy variable depends upon the fare rules and types of tickets one has previously booked. Voluntary cancellation, on the part of the traveller, of Turkish Airlines may attract penalties to be deducted from the original fare, whereas, involuntary cancellation from the airline side gives multiple choices to the passengers. As a ticket-provider of Turkish Airlines, FirstFly Travel always go by Turkish Airlines cancellation policy followed by the Turkish Airlines Refund policy issued by the Airline itself.
A Quick Guide On Turkish Airlines Cancellation And Refund Policy:
According to Turkish Airlines Cancellation policy, passengers can cancel a flight booked on Turkish Airlines within 24 hours of the purchase. Turkish Airlines will provide a complete refund of your ticket cost in case the booking was made a week or more prior to the departure date of your Turkish Airlines flight.
If the passengers cancel a Turkish Airlines flight a few hours before the departure of the flight and it was booked not more than a week before then the Turkish Airlines asks to pay the penalty that will be hinged upon the fare rule of the Turkish Airlines.
- Turkish Airlines Cancellation Policy
Turkish Airlines gives the facility to cancel flights online without any hassles. Also, passengers can make a request for the refund online by filling the refund request form at Turkish Airlines official site www.turkishairlines.com . The refund is provided only for the eligible Turkish Airlines flight tickets that are cancelled within the given period of time. Turkish Airlines does not provide a refund after the expiry period of the ticket. The Turkish Airlines refund request may take time to process and can be granted within 7 to 10 working days. If Turkish Airlines flights are cancelled due to any assured reasons from the Turkish Airlines' end then it provides compensation to the passengers to book the next subsequent Turkish Airlines flight. Thus, you can easily cancel your flight and get a refund on Turkish Airlines.
- Turkish Airlines Cancellation Fees
Turkish Airlines have also prescribed a cancellation fee for both domestic and international flights. If you don’t know about the Turkish Airlines flight cancellation fee for international flights, then go through the below instructions:
Turkish Airlines cancellation fee of $100 to $500 is applicable if ticket cancellation requests are made after the 24 hours as a risk-free cancellation. If you cancel your Turkish Airlines flight within 24 hours from the scheduled departure of your flight, then a fee of $100 to $400 will be charged as a Turkish Airlines cancellation fee. You can also make a cancellation request after cancelling your flight ticket.
Steps to Cancel Your Turkish Airlines Flight Booking:
- Open the official website of Turkish Airlines at www.turkishairlines.com and tap on the “login button” after entering all the credentials
- It will redirect you to many options and links. Hit on the ‘ManageTurkish Airlines Reservations’ link which is found in the ‘Flight’ header.
- Tap on the ‘ Turkish Airlines Cancel Reservation’ link. After that, click on the ‘Manage Reservations.’ You will be redirected to a new page, which will provide you different options. Hit on the ‘ Turkish Airlines Cancel Reservation’ button.
- On the next page, 3 boxes will pop up on your desktop’s screen, asking for details like your confirmation number, first name, and last name. After filling that, hit on the ‘Continue’ button.
- You will have to enter the original name that you used during Turkish Airlines flight ticket reservations.
- To look over the refund status, visit ‘Travel Funds.’ It will help you whether or not the ticket is refundable. If it is ‘Refundable,’ you can check the box next to ‘Request a refund.’ If it says ‘Non-refundable,’ you will not get any amount back.
- At the bottom of the Turkish Airlines cancellation web page, you will see ‘Cancel My Reservation?’ option. Hit on the ‘Yes, Cancel’ button to cancel your Turkish Airlines ticket reservation.
Turkish Airlines Flight Delay and Cancellation Compensation Policy:
The distance of your journey and the duration of the delay are the two key factors that determine the compensation amount you will receive. If the distance was less than 1500km, you will receive €250. For flights between 1500km and 3500km, your Turkish Airlines compensation claim would be worth €400. And, if the distance of your trip exceeds 3500km, the compensation amount rises to €600. EC 261 states that you can claim compensation for your cancelled flight if you were informed of the cancellation less than two weeks before your actual departure. Other than the refund for the total amount of your ticket or an alternative flight, you may be entitled to compensation.
Turkish Airlines Ticket Hold Policy:
Turkish Airlines passengers can book their flight tickets without paying the ticket fare by putting the flight on hold. The airline allows the passengers to make their reservations without paying under the Turkish Airlines hold policy. The passengers of Turkish Airlines can put their flight on hold for 24 hours without paying any charges. This helps the passengers in getting the Turkish flight ticket at the prices of advance booking. It allows the passengers to book their flight tickets at advantageous rates.