Virgin Atlantic Airline has put forward clear and transparent Virgin Atlantic Airline cancellation and refund policy as they have set forth their other business policies thus abolishing all the possibilities of future discrepancies that could make its customers suffer. Virgin Atlantic Airline flight cancellation and refund policy variable depends upon the fare rules and types of tickets one has previously booked. Voluntary cancellation, on the part of the traveller, of Virgin Atlantic Airline may attract penalties to be deducted from the original fare, whereas, involuntary cancellation on the airlines part gives multiple choices to the passengers. As a ticket-provider of Virgin Atlantic Airline, FirstFly Travel always goes by Virgin Atlantic Airline cancellation policy followed by the Virgin Atlantic Airline Refund policy issued by the Airline itself.
A Quick Guide Of Virgin Atlantic Airlines Cancellation And Refund Policy
- Cancellation 24 hours Policy
As per Virgin Atlantic Airline Cancellation policy, passengers can cancel a flight booked on Virgin Atlantic within 24 hours of the purchase. Virgin Atlantic will provide a complete refund of your ticket cost in case the booking was made a week or more prior to the departure date of your Virgin Atlantic flight. Virgin Atlantic Airlines has rights to change 24 hours cancellation policy any time.
- Cancellation Policy
Virgin Atlantic gives the facility to cancel flights online without any inconvenience. Passengers can make a request for the refund online by filling the refund request form at Virgin Atlantic official site at www.virginatlantic.com. The refund is provided only for the eligible Virgin Atlantic Airline flight tickets that are cancelled within the duration of cancelling. Virgin Atlantic does not provide a refund after the expiry period of the ticket. The Virgin Atlantic refund request may take time to process and can be granted within 7 to 10 working days. If Virgin Atlantic flights are cancelled due to any unavoidable reasons from the Virgin Atlantic' end then it provides compensation to the passengers to book the next subsequent Virgin Atlantic flight. Thus, you can easily cancel your flight and get a refund on Virgin Atlantic.
- Cancellation Fees
Virgin Atlantic have also prescribed a cancellation fee for both domestic and international flights. Virgin Atlantic Airline cancellation fee of $100 to $500 is applicable if ticket cancellation requests made after the 24 hours as a risk-free cancellation. If you cancel your Virgin Atlantic flight within 24 hours from the scheduled departure of your flight, then a fee of $100 to $400 will be charged as a Virgin Atlantic cancellation fee.
Steps to Cancel Your Virgin Atlantic Airline Flight Booking:
- Visit the official website of Virgin Atlantic Airline www.virginatlantic.com and then tap on the “manage booking” section on the airline’s homepage.
- After this, on the next page, enter your name along with your booking reference number and click on the “continue” option and go to the cancellation option.
- If you are determined about cancelling your booking with Virgin Atlantic Airlines, then press the cancellation button.
- After you are done with the cancellation, if your tickets are refundable, then fill out the refund form if you want to get the remaining amount.
- The passengers will receive a cancellation notification on their mentioned e-mail ID or the contact number.
Virgin Atlantic Airline Flight Delay and Cancellation Compensation Policy:
Virgin Atlantic Airline Flight delay and cancellation compensation policy includes conditions and that are:
- The route of your Flight: According to the regulation, you can claim compensation when a flight is operated by a Virgin Atlantic Airline.
- The Circumstances of your Disruption: The directive states that, in order to be permitted to claim compensation, the cause for the disruption of the flight, whether it was delayed, cancelled or you were denied boarding, must not fall under the category of ‘extraordinary circumstances’.
- Deadline for Claiming Compensation: In the UK, as well as in Ireland, you are able to claim compensation up to 6 years after your flight's disruption. However, this rule varies per country.
- Total Delay Time: In most cases, you will be able to claim compensation if your delay is greater than 3 hours. If your flight is cancelled the set forth time is 2 hours.
The regulation, EC 261/2004, states that the total amount you may receive in compensation shall be defined by the distance between the airport of departure and arrival. Connecting flights are taken into account when your claim is assessed.
If the connecting flights are under the same booking/ticket, then your entire trip is covered by the regulation.
- For flights covering a distance up to 1,500 kilometres, the compensation you will receive is up to £222,
- For flights covering a distance between 1,500 kilometres and 3,500 kilometres, the compensation you will receive is up to £350,
- For flights covering a distance greater than 3,500 kilometres, you are entitled to up to £530.
Virgin Atlantic Airline Hold Policy:
As per, Virgin Atlantic Airline Hold policy ,you can hold your tickets for at least 24 hours, before finally booking it. So, if you don't pay within the given deadline your reservation with Virgin Atlantic Airline will be declared cancelled.