Spirit Airlines Flight Delay
and Cancellation Compensation Policy:
As per the spirit airlines flight delay and compensation policy, you can get compensated if:.
- Your flight reservation was confirmed.
- You arrived at your final destination more than 3 hours late.
- If you got an alternative flight and arrived at your final destination significantly later than the original flight was planned.
- You were informed about the flight cancellation less than 14 days before departure.
- You departed from the EU or arrived at an EU airport (when the airline is an EU-based carrier).
- Your check-in for the flight was on time (usually not less than 45 minutes before the flight).
Under EU Regulation (EC) No 261/2004, you can get compensation for the flight delay if your arrival time was more than 3 hours late. The compensation amount depends on the flight distance and the length of the delay and they are as follows:
- For all flights covering a distance of up to 1,500 kilometres, you will receive up to £250
- For all flights covering a distance between 1,500 kilometres and 3,500 kilometres, you will receive up to £400
- For flights covering a distance greater than 3,500 kilometres, you are entitled to up to £400